We are recruiting for a Scanning Assistant the role involves organising both hardcopy and electronic paper work and then scanning and indexing all documentation using the document imaging system onto our back-office system. This process turns paper copies into electronic images, which will enable people to retrieve these electronically on a PC via a network.
- To provide administration support to Building Control as and when required.
- To ensure that all paperwork relating to the Building Control is scanned and indexed within set timescales.
- Removing staples, paper clips, bindings and generally tiding up documents for scanning.
- Separating files into the relevant document types.
- Organise paper documents, to arrange them ready for scanning.
- To scan, index and publish Building Control applications and associated documentation
- To quality check images for clarity and contrast before publishing.
- Ensuring relevant index data is clearly visible on all documents.
- Operation of production based scanner and large format plan scanner.
- Ability to pull required data from an electronic image and keystroke this into a database.
- Audit copies of paper files that have been converted into electronic images
- Check that all index data is correct and up to date.
- Retrieve electronic copies of documentation from CD’s as required.
- Resolve any indexing issues.
- Carryout routine maintenance on small format and large format production scanners.
- Arrange secure destruction of documentation once file has been dealt with.
- Provide administrative support to Building Control as required.
- Act in accordance with equal opportunities and undertake the duties as required by the corporate action plans.
- To assist in the development and motivation of staff within the section.
- To ensure safe working practices are followed and the implementation of health and safety at work legislation.
- To undertake other duties, considered by management to be within the scope of the post, as required
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
Good general level of education with GCSE or equivalent in Maths and English
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager call Gemma Dand 01634 331471
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.