Public Health Apprentice (Child Health)
This exciting opportunity will involve supporting Medway Public Health’s programmes team with a wide range of duties linked to the Child Health 0-19 agenda and Medway’s Work Place Health, Healthy settings award.
The post holder will be required to support the Child Health and Work Place Health Project Officer with the planning, delivering and evaluating of their projects and programmes offered to businesses, schools, colleges and other young person settings.
A Medway Council Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to earn a salary and gain a qualification whilst gathering invaluable workplace skills and experience.
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic Child Health Apprentice to join the Child Health team within the Public Health Service. This is a great chance to gain a Business Administration Level 2 Qualification whilst working for the Child Health team that provide a number of health education programmes to support the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme, 0-19 years.
As part of this role you can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- Communicate with a wide range of people and agencies via email, telephone and in person
- Deliver up-to-date information via social media and websites
- Monitor the Child Health and Work Place Health email inbox and deal with enquiries appropriately
- Support the promotion of public health by attending promotional events with colleagues from the Public health directorate
- Prepare information packs for training and health promotion events
- Assist with designing promotional and teaching/training materials for the public and professionals
- Assist with local campaign design and delivery
Ideally, you will have good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with competent IT skills, accurate data entry along with a good attention to detail. However, we are happy to support you to reach those goals if you are highly motivated and have the desire to learn and succeed.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would encourage you to apply today.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
As an Apprentice with Medway Council, you will be a valued member of our Apprenticeship Academy. We will encourage and support you to realise your potential. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field and gain insights that can only come from real world experience
We will support you every step of the way for you to succeed in your apprenticeship and help you to become the best version of yourself.
An openness to review and reflect on your performance and progress is important as well as the willingness to accept feedback that will help you to develop and grow in this role.
Medway Council’s Apprenticeship Academy extends to all our Apprentices a guarantee that their apprenticeship qualifications will be regularly monitored and quality assured with the respective training providers.
In return, we offer you:
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Generous local government pension
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra Card- student discounts at 100’s of retailers
- Student rates for Medway Council Leisure Centres
- Student rates for Medway Council Libraries plus free e-books
- Discounted Arriva bus travel
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Sofie Wheeldon on 01634 334800.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.