Housing Officer (Income Recovery)
Medway Council Landlord Services owns and manages around 3000 homes in the Medway area. We aim to provide excellent services to tenants, and were recently finalists in the UK Housing Awards 2018.
We are a high performing customer focussed service. Our performance is excellent when compared with other similar housing organisations.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and highly motivated housing management professional to join our Tenancy Services Team and help us continue to provide excellent Income Recovery services to our customers. Main duties include
- Being responsible for all aspects of income management and rent arrears recovery on a defined ‘patch’ of properties.
- Working closely with tenants in arrears to come to reasonable repayment agreements.
- Working closely with the Tenancy Management Team and the Welfare Reform Team to ensure rent arrears, other debts and other tenancy sustainment issues are responded to promptly and appropriately.
- Advising tenants on all aspects of rent and service charge issues.
- Dealing with general tenancy enquiries as part of a telephone duty system.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a social housing management or other customer facing environment.
- A working knowledge of arrears and income collection law and good practise
- A commitment to team work, and to providing excellent customer services
- A current driving license and daily access to a vehicle
- Able to prioritise and manage your own work load and meet competing deadlines.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion before applying, please call Michael Opreshko on 01634 333507.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.