Leasehold Management & Right to Buy Officer
Medway Council Landlord Services is Landlord and Freeholder to around 200 leasehold properties in the Medway area. We process around 20 Right to Buy applications per year, plus various miscellaneous land sales.
We are looking for an officer with experience in leasehold management, including service charge accounting and arrears recovery to join our small team and play a key role in providing an excellent service to our leaseholders and Right to Buy applicants. Main duties include
- Assisting with the preparation of leaseholder service charge estimates and final accounts
- The recovery of service charge arrears
- Processing Right to Buy and other land purchase applications
- Dealing with a wide range of leaseholder and Right to Buy enquiries by telephone and email
You must be able to demonstrate
- An understanding of service charge accounts
- Experience and skills with Microsoft Excel
- A commitment to providing excellent customer services
- The ability to prioritise and manage your own work load and meet competing deadlines.
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- The Government has introduced new ways of supporting parents with childcare costs. Further details are available here: - https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Michael Opreshko on 01634 333507.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.