Early Help Assistant
We are looking for Early Help Assistants to:
• Work with children, young people from birth to nineteen and their parents, through the provision of a wide range of stimulating, appropriate non-bias play activities/activities to support their global development and parent’s confidence and capacity to adequately and appropriately meet the needs of their children/young people.
• Work alongside the team leaders in the planning, organisation and evaluation of Early Help Team group interventions.
• Adhere to Medway safeguarding policies and procedures and link to the Medway early help strategy
• Provide support to services for parents in partnership with health professionals to facilitate alignment with child health services.
• Work with partners to support the identification of need to enable effective signposting to other services
• Implement work planned by the Early Help Team Leader at times in partnership with the Early Help workers or as sole deliverer of Early Help Team group sessions.
• Encourage and empower parents to recognise, value and develop their own skills and to raise parents/carers awareness of home learning opportunities
• Keep accurate records of child development and family interventions
• Attend and take part in meetings as directed by the Early Help Team Leader
• Promote the health and welfare of children this includes taking appropriate action and follow correct procedures in Child Protection and Child in Need situations
• Act in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Policy and undertake the duties as required by corporate and directorate action plans
• Work sensitively as part of a multi-agency team and, as required, undertake other duties considered within the scope of the post.
In return we offer you:
• Generous annual leave entitlement
• Generous local government pension scheme package
• Access to wider training and development qualifications
• Flexible working scheme
• Travel plan discounts
• Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
• Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
Closing Date: 24th January 2020
Provisional Interview Date: 5th February 2020
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Nikki Lloyd on 01634 338847 or Sarah Adams on 01634 335102.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.