Housing Officer (Tenancy Services)
Medway Council Landlord Services owns and manages around 3000 homes in the Medway area. We aim to provide excellent services to tenants and were recently finalists in the UK Housing Awards 2018.
We are looking for an experienced, customer focussed and highly motivated housing management professional to join our Tenancy Services Team and help us continue to provide excellent services to our customers. Main duties include
- Responding sensitively and effectively to reports of anti-social behaviour
- Dealing with a wide range of tenancy services such as mutual exchange requests, succession and change of tenancy requests
- Ensuring our estates and blocks look as good as possible through regular inspections and good liaison with our cleaning and grounds maintenance contractors
- Attending viewing, and processing Lettings and Sign-ups
- Consulting with and working closely with our customers to ensure their views are considered around the management of their homes.
- Carrying out tenancy review and tenancy audit visits
You must be able to demonstrate
- Great customer service skills
- Experience of working in a social housing management environment, ideally within a local authority environment.
- A working knowledge of tenancy management law and good practise
- A commitment to teamwork, and to providing excellent customer services
- A current driving license and daily access to a vehicle
- The ability to prioritise and manage your own workload and meet competing deadlines.
In exchange we can offer you
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days pa
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- ‘Flexi-time’ working hours scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
If you would like to have an informal discussion before applying, please call Chris Rourke on 01634 333591
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.