Educational Psychology Service Intermediate Apprentice
The interview date - 31st July 2019
To gain the knowledge and skills required to effectively support the work of the Educational Psychology Service.
A Medway Council Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to earn a salary and gain a qualification whilst gathering invaluable workplace skills and experience.
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic Business Admin Apprentice to join the Educational Psychology team within the 0-25 Integrated Service. This is a great chance to gain the Business Administrator Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 whilst working for the Educational Psychology team that provide a service to children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities, their schools and families.
As part of this role you can expect to undertake the following tasks:
- Updating and maintaining records (by scanning, word processing, spreadsheets and filing) and also using our electronic record system (Synergy).
- Maintaining EPS paper files, including retrieving and filing away as required
- Telephone communications (by answering phone calls, taking messages, transferring calls to colleagues, making calls)
- E-mail communications (by receiving e-mails, reviewing, forwarding e-mails to colleagues, saving & storing, adding attachments, composing and sending e-mails)
- Arranging room bookings for meetings
- Distributing incoming post within EPS Team
- Maintaining and managing resources, including, test materials, stationery and team library and placing orders using Webreq.
- Taking minutes at EPS team meeting
- Providing administrative support for training courses
- Providing cover for Senior Administration Officer in her absenceIdeally you will have good communication and interpersonal skills, combined with competent IT skills, accurate data entry along with a good attention to detail. However we are happy to support you to reach those goals if you are highly motivated and have the desire to learn and succeed.If this sounds like the role for you, then we would encourage you to apply today.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile.
As an Apprentice with Medway Council, you will be a valued member of our Apprenticeship Academy. We will encourage and support you to realise your potential. You will have the opportunity to learn from colleagues who are experts in their field and gain insights that can only come from real world experience
We will support you every step of the way for you to succeed in your apprenticeship and help you to become the best version of yourself.
An openness to review and reflect on your performance and progress is important as well as the willingness to accept feedback that will help you to develop and grow in this role.
Medway Council’s Apprenticeship Academy extends to all our Apprentices a guarantee that their apprenticeship qualifications will be regularly monitored and quality assured with the respective training providers.
In return we offer you:
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Generous local government pension
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra Card- student discounts at 100’s of retailers
- Student rates for Medway Council Leisure Centres
- Student rates for Medway Council Libraries plus free e-books
- Discounted Arriva bus travel
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager Julie Taylor or Susan Hickey please phone 01634 335647.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.