HRA Compliance Officer
Medway Council Landlord Services owns and manages around 3000 homes mainly in Gillingham and Rainham.
A vacancy has arisen within Housing Services for a Compliance Officer. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced health and safety practitioner with NEBOSH status or working towards, to join a forward thinking team to deliver the targets set out in the Asset Management Strategy and to contribute to the service aims.
The Compliance officer plays a key role, contributing to a strong approach to compliance and assurance. This appointment offers an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of working with others, to develop and maintain a robust and effective approach to ensure we meet all our regulatory and legislative requirements.
Main duties include:
The post holder will be responsible for leading on compliance ( gas, electrical, legionella, asbestos, fire safety, lifts etc.) across the councils HRA Housing assets ensuring it complies with all statutory regulations, approved codes of practice, official guidance standards and best practice.
- The post holder will work with the Asset Management team and works delivery teams to ensure that a robust performance management system is implemented to ensure compliance is achieved across all areas.
- Lead on the continuous programme of Fire Risk Assessment, ensuring that Fire Risk Assessments are scheduled and completed on time.
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of statutory compliance across social housing and corporate buildings
- Demonstrable experience in the building, construction, civil engineering and associated operations sector related to housing repairs and maintenance
- Demonstrable experience of providing an health and safety service including detailed knowledge of legislation, guidance and current best practice
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- Assisted car purchase scheme
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please call Lee Gilbert, Deputy Head of Housing on 01634 333840.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.