Team Manager - 16+ Care Leavers Service
You will report to the Service Manager and be responsible for managing a team consisting of a Senior Practitioner, Social Workers and Personal Advisors. You will also deputise and support the Service Manager where necessary.
- You will hold a degree in Social Work - CQSW, DipSW or equivalent and be registered with Social Work England
- You will have substantial post qualifying experience working with children and families in the statutory sector
- You will hold a management qualification and/or have proven experience in management/leadership
- You will hold a full driving licence and have access to a vehicle for work purposes
Our offer to you:
In addition to the annual salary, we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package including -
- Salary of £46,377 - £50,437
- Market Allowance of £7,000 per annum (paid monthly in 12 equal payments)
- Retention Payment of £3,000 per annum (paid in April following 1 years’ service with Medway Council)
- Hybrid working - opportunity to work from home/office (minimum of 2 days office based)
- Essential User Allowance with option to transfer to Lease Car after 6 months
- Free car parking
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Debbie Taylor, Service Manager 16+ Care Leavers Service, on 01634 337229 or 07773210505
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviewed via Microsoft Teams.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Children's DBS check.
Please click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
To find out more about Medway the place please click here.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the Children's Services Recruitment Team on 01634 332878 (option 1).
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
For more information on our Children & Adults Social Care jobs please visit: www.medwaysocialcarejobs.co.uk.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.