After School Club Play Worker (Parklands)
Parklands is a Short Breaks Children’s Home operated by Medway Council, offering two services, one being overnight respite and the other being the after-school club.
Parklands is designed for children with disabilities, learning difficulties and complex health needs.
We are seeking to recruit 4 Play Workers to become part of a team that delivers a range of activities for the children and young people, encouraging play with their peers in a safe environment meeting the needs of children and young people between the ages of 6 and 18 years of age.
The After School Club runs term time only and the children and young people attend straight from school until the end of the day when they are collected by their parents at 18.00pm.
The hours to be worked are term time only, Monday to Friday, 14.30pm to 18.15pm.
We are proud to offer an excellent benefits package and opportunities to access a range of professional development and support including -
- Generous annual leave entitlement of between 25 - 29 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent local government pension scheme (employer contribution rate of 18.3%)
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
You will have -
- NVQ level 2 in Children and Young People's Workforce or willingness to work towards
- experience of working with children and young people with disabilities and additional needs.
- good communication skills.
- experience of undertaking personal care
- good standard of literacy
- GCSE Grade 4 or above in English and Maths
To discuss the role further, please call Caren Smith, Registered Manager on 01634 338509.
Please click on the link at the bottom of the advert to apply online.
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.