Residential Support Worker
Parklands is a residential respite unit for young people. Our home provides short breaks for young people who have disabilities and complex health needs.
We are recruiting Residential Support Workers to join our team at Parklands where you will be working directly with children and young people aged 5-18 years of age, providing personal, health, social and domestic care in accordance with individual care plans.
You will be expected to work various shifts on a flexible 4 week rota pattern including evenings, weekends, bank holidays and waking nights.
In return for your commitment we are proud to offer an excellent benefits package and opportunities to access a range of professional development and support including -
- A basic salary of between £22,355 - £27,874 per annum
- In addition to your basic salary you will also receive paid enhancements for night work, Saturday and Sunday working and Bank Holidays.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of between 25 - 29 days plus bank holidays
- Excellent local government pension scheme (employer contribution rate of 18.3%)
- Access to wider training and development qualifications to support your career progression
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
You will have -
- GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or be willing to work towards (fully funded)
- Good communications skills, verbal and written
- A full driving licence and willingness to undertake training to drive a minibus
If you feel you are highly motivated, resilient, and passionate about enhancing the lives of our children and young people then we would love to hear from you.
For an informal discussion about the role please call Caren Smith, Registered Manager on 01634 338509.
Please click on the link at the bottom of the advert to apply online.
This post is subject to an enhanced Children’s DBS check.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.