Early Help Worker - Assessment and Intervention
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Medway Family Solutions Service as part of the wider Early Help agenda for the position of Assessment and Intervention Early Help Worker.
Family Solutions work holistically with families with multiple and complex needs to enable them to see their strengths and build upon these to make positive changes to their lives. This will be achieved through the Assessment and Intervention Early Help Worker providing both practical and specialist advice to the family as well as acting as a lead co-ordinator for any additional support services. The Early Help Worker will undertake assessments with the family and formulate a plan of intervention with the support of relevant partner agencies which will give the child and their family every opportunity to address the identified difficulties with a positive outcome.
- You will hold a recognised qualification and have professional work background relevant to the job you are applying for such as early years/family support/youth work/health/education
- Be passionate about changing outcomes for children and young people
- Have good communication skills to engage children and young people and their families
- You will be respectful and able to build positive relationships in all aspects of the role
- Have knowledge of safeguarding and relevant legislation
- Experience of working in a multi agency environment
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
For an informal conversation about this role, please contact one of the Hub Managers on the contact details below.
Karen Harper – 01634 338859
Carol Lee - 01634 331972
Michelle Williams – 01634 335633
As a Medway Council employee you will have the opportunity to develop both professionally and personally by undertaking relevant training opportunities, enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including competitive rates of pay and pension scheme along with access to an employee advice, information and counselling service, employee forums and an employee discount scheme for national and local retailers.
Please note that all recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in hard copy format, please contact the CSC Recruitment Team on 01634 332878.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
For more information on our Children & Adults Social Care jobs please visit: www.medwaysocialcarejobs.co.uk.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date. Previous unsuccessful candidates need not apply.
Please note that interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
How to apply
Please be advised that we only accept online applications submitted through JobsGoPublic ATS
If you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email, if you require documentation/correspondence in different format such as braille or large print, please contact the Resourcing Team on 01634 332878.